Four Family-Friendly 4th of July Games
Everyone here at Distinctivs® loves a good party. We’re excited to share some of our favorite games to make your July 4th party a blast!
Families big and small will have fun with these inexpensive game ideas. These games are perfect for a classic 4th of July Backyard BBQ. Try them out to keep the kiddos (and adults) having fun all day long!
For most of these games, the main thing you need is something you’ll probably already have on hand—water bottles. To make the bottles a little more patriotic, we used these American Flag water bottle labels!
1. Glow-In-The-Dark Ring Toss
This game is always a hit after sundown when the kids are getting antsy waiting for the fireworks to begin!
1. First, set up 6 water bottles in a triangle-shape.
2. Uncap the water bottles and pour a few drops out to make room to drop a glow stick in each one. The glow stick bracelets are the perfect size for water bottles.
3. Connect two bracelets to make the rings and distribute a few rings to each player.
Then, wait for the giggles to erupt!
2. Water Bottle Bowling
All you need for this game is the 6 water bottles and a kickball or soccer ball. Set the water bottles up in a triangle-shape to use as the “bowling pins.” See how many strikes you can bowl!
(Also try glow-in-the-dark bowling!)
3. Snake Bubbles
There’s something about bubbles that everyone seems to love! This game takes a different approach that amazes both young and old party-goers - without breaking the budget.
To make snake bubbles, you’ll need a few things first:
- Empty Water Bottle
- Sturdy Tape
- Medium-Sized Bowl of Water
- Dish Soap
- Dish Rag
- Rubber Band
- First, cut the bottom part from an empty water bottle and make sure it’s dry.
- Use a piece of sturdy tape to cover the rough edges of the water bottle.
- Next, take a dish rag and secure it to the bottom of the bottle using the rubber band.
- Put a few squirts of dish soap in a bowl of water and mix together.
- Dip the dish rag in the bubble mixture and blow in the lid of the water bottle to make bubble snakes.
Have a contest to see who can make the longest snake!
OR you can always take the hands-on approach!
(NOTE: Please make sure little ones are supervised for this game. You must blow through the water bottle to make bubbles, don’t “drink” and get a mouth full of bubbles!)
4. Stars & Stripes Patriotic Bingo
Are the kids bored waiting on the grill to be fired up or for the burgers to be ready? Keep the fun going all day by playing this Stars and Stripes Patriotic Bingo game! This set is for up to 24 players, so everyone can join in on the fun.
However you celebrate the Fourth of July, we hope these game ideas help you enjoy making fun memories with family and friends!
How is your family planning to celebrate Independence Day this year? Did your kids love these games? Leave us a comment below or share your photos with us on our Facebook Page or Instagram with #distinctivs!